Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Japanese Quince - December 13, 2011


Imagine my surprise when this morning, as I was heading out of the driveway on my walk with Maggie, I noticed something weird on my Japanese Quince bush.  There are barely any leaves on the branches, and here are all these new blossoms which have appeared.  We have had unseasonably warm temperatures this Fall and here we are December 13th (5 degrees at 9:00 a.m. and no wind) and new blossoms appear.  I was so surprised I had to take a photo or two.  It is so strange to be hanging a beautiful wreath on the door made of fresh branches and at the same time looking at these new blooms popping out when they are a Spring flower!!  Strange weather indeed.  I am thanking the Lord for the lovely weather....it is so nice to be outside in these temperatures!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment