Monday, May 25, 2009

MAY09VSNO - Tying the Knot in Vegas

Challenge: Tie a Knot - using a Wedding Cake as Inspiration. I absolutely love this card. It was so much fun to make and my friend Anna gave me lots of ideas on this one. I started out with black Swiss Dot cardstock as the base, added the beautiful g.c.d. DP - Chapelle from the Paris Nights Collection. This just has to be my all-time favourite paper!!! I then Cuttlebugged the cake with the textile folder and used the Labels One Spellbinders Nesties for each layer. I added ribbon from K & Company - Wedding Collection, then glued little black flowers made with a small punch and topped the flowers with little silver stickies from Michael's. The larger flowers of the Cake-Top are from Making Memories Wedding Set which are popped with a small silver brad. I also added a flourishes embellishment from Spellbinders Nestabilities for some interest.

No comments:

Post a Comment